Please wash off your equipment! That is just one thing I’d like to yell at the gym on a daily basis. I’m 25 and a couple of years ago I decided to making working out part of my regular routine. I spent time at several gyms in the area trying to find the perfect fit for me. Finally, I found The One and have been there ever since. Upon becoming a gym rat, I have found that there are several things that bug the crap out of me when I work out.
1. People jump off of equipment and walk away. They just walk away without cleaning off their sweaty nastiness that I have to endure.
2. Women have no shame in the locker room. I’m not saying women shouldn’t be proud of what their momma gave them, but at the same time, I don’t need to see your naked boobs as you change into your sports bra. Find a bathroom please!
3. The gym is not a runway. Please don’t show up in your low-cut, tight-fitting work out clothes. One girl in my class does this and every time we have to do planks, her cleavage is looking back at me in the mirror.
4. Kids under the age of 16 should not be working out with a personal trainer. There is a 12-year-old who regularly trains with a professional at my gym. What in the world are you training for buddy? Got a big pee wee championship coming up?
5. The T.V.’s should be on a variety of channels to meet everyone’s needs. I’m a T.V. junkie and my time on the eliptical goes much faster if I can watch Real Housewives, E! News, or House Hunters. Staring at Sports Center on 5 T.V.’s is boring.
What about the gym makes you crazy? I’d like to hear from my fellow gym junkies!